The Kaduna state government has confirmed the sack of 65 teachers who were “illegally” recruited.
Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Auditor, Mr. Tandat Katuma confirmed the sack on Friday, January 22. Katuma who served as the secretary of the investigation committee said the teachers were recruited illegally in Sanga Local Government Area of the state.
The council chairman, Charles Danladi who also commented on the sack revealed that the anomaly was detected through the over-bloated wage bill of the teachers which kept increasing every month without new employment.
Mr. Danladi said after he raised the alarm during the state’s Joint Account Committee Meeting which was chaired by the deputy governor, SUBEB was asked to launch an investigation.
It was further learned that the SUBEB officials involved in the illegal recruitment exercise had been sanctioned.